Ultrasonic level sensor CU-10-420
High accuracy ultrasonic sensor allows precise, continuous, non-contact, maintenance-free level measurement:
- coarse-grained bulk materials, etc.
The measurement is not affected by material properties such as dielectric constant, density, humidity. The use of ultrasonic sensors in level measurement is a proven and economical solution. An additional advantage is easy assembly, installation and low operating costs.
pic. Ultrasonic level sensor CU05.
|Min. measurement level
||0.25% F.S. (standard conditions)
||Internal terminal strip
||92mm x 198mm
||M60 thread with nut
||Two choke holes M20 x 1.5
Principle of operation
The sensor works on the principle of measuring the time of propagation of a sound wave (Time of flight). The sensor generates a pulsed ultrasonic wave, which is reflected from the surface and returns to the sensor head. The propagation time of the reflected wave is directly proportional to the distance between the sensor and the measured level.
- High accuracy- ± 1cm (at 5m range)
- Easy installation - single measuring element
- Non-contact measurement - no direct contact between the medium and the sensor
- Maintenance-free operation - no moving parts
- Resistance to interference - the measurement is not affected by the properties of the measured material (dielectric constant density, color, etc.),
- Resistance to deposits - self-cleaning of the sensor head due to vibration during wave generation.
When installing, it is necessary to maintain a responsive distance from the edge of the tank. Taking into account the propagation angle of the measuring wave beam, which is 12 degrees. In addition, take into account the minimum distance of the sensor from the measured surface of 30cm. For a sensor with a range of 0-5m, it is 50cm from the tank wall.
Fig. level mode - measurement of L (F-H)
pic. Ultrasonic level sensor CU.
zdj. Ultrasonic sensor CU.
zdj. Example of connection with external panel meter MG14.
zdj. Dimensions of CU sensor